When there is no underlying medical condition triggering darkening of your underarms, you should opt for realistic changes in your diet and drug habits. Underarm darkening is a direct signal of your poor hygiene. All of our bodies are not built the same way. Perhaps your sweat glands are too active, leading to dark armpits and you need to ayurvedically Whiten Dark Underarms.
Whatever may you cause of dark armpits are, the below Home Remedy Bible has a complete cure for you!
10 DIY Solutions to Whiten Dark Underarms
If you have a habit of taking regular oral contraceptives, chances are that your underarms are dark. On the flipside, avoiding starch and refined sugars in your food will also whiten your underarms naturally.
1. Baking Soda
The good old remedy to prick a thorne or whiten underarms, baking soda is excellent to whiten any armpits within two weeks. Baking soda works on the underarms by creating an anti-fungal skin condition.
How to use Baking Soda to Whiten your Underarms
- Mix baking soda with plain water
- Scrub your under arms with the mixture above before sleeping.
- Wash with warm water.
2. Natural Exfoliation with Coffee
Coffee is yet another antidote for people with dark underarms. Coffee is an excellent antioxidant that will cure acne to clogged pores with gentle yet thorough exfoliation.
How to use Coffee to Whiten your Underarms
- Take a leftover coffee or new coffee, sugar or salt.
- Stir the above well
- Scrub your underarms with the mixture above.
- Wash only after rinsing well.
3. Orange Peel masks for Underarms
If you use excessive anti-perspirants in bottles, maybe it is time to realize how fragrant and productive natural deodorants are. Orange has excellent attributes to remove dirt, dead cells, soot and bacteria too.
How to use Orange Peel to Whiten your Underarms
- Take one orange and collect the peels.
- Gently rub the peels every day when waking up, after a bath, whenever freshening or when going to bed.
- Wash your underarms with warm water at night.
4. Oil Treatment to remove oils
Another natural deodorant to use on your skin if the sweat glands are your biggest enemy is coconut oil. Coconut oil contains vitamin E and using it for an overnight treatment smoothen your underarm skin and remove the pigmentation.
How to use Coconut oil to Whiten your Underarms
- Wash your underarms and pat dry.
- Use 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and rub in your palm.
- Massage your underarms with the oil before going to bed.
- Applying the same amount of coconut oil before the shower is also a smart idea.
5. Herbal Cure for Underarm darkening
Excellent Ayurvedic herbs such as licorice root, raspberry and aspen extracts are ideal for whitening any dark armpit. Herbs have an independent capacity of secreting pheomelanin, which naturally whitens the armpits.
How to use Herbs to Whiten your Underarm
- Take licorice root, raspberry extracts and aspen extracts.
- Mix or grind the three herbs together to get a paste.
- Wash your face.
- Apply the herb mixture on your underarms and leave it for not more than 50 minutes.
- Wash with warm water.
A refreshing dash of whitening to your dark and sweaty underarms throughout any sunny day, cucumber is also excellent as an overnight treatment. Adding some citric acid to the cucumber slices and you have a whitening treatment for underarms, eye bags and knees too!
How to use Cucumber to Whiten your Underarms
- Take one cucumber and make round slices.
- Take a lemon and squeeze the zest out.
- Dip the cucumber in the lemon zest.
- Place the cucumber each in your underarms until the cooling disappears.
- Replace with two other slices of cucumber dipped in lemon zest.
7. Liquid Treatment
Combining the effects of milk and vinegar leaves you with a liquid easy to apply on the underarms for bright and soft armpits. Milk removes the dead cells, while application of vinegar after a hot shower makes the skin suppler.
How to use Milk Plus Vinegar to Whiten your Underarms
- Wash your underarms
- Massage your underarms with 2 tablespoons of milk for 2 minutes each
- Apply vinegar on your underarms to rinse off the fat in the milk
- Wash it off with warm water or soap.
8. Yoghurt and Honey
Yoghurt contains lactic acid that promotes whitening or bleaching of skin cells. When mixed with honey, yoghurt and honey paste works wonders on dark underarms! It helps to exfoliate and hydrate the skin using natural fats, simultaneously softening your underarms too.
How to use Yoghurt and Honey to Whiten your Underarms
- Take one tablespoon of Yoghurt.
- Add two teaspoon of honey into it
- Stir it well.
- Apply on your underarms.
- Leave it for about an hour.
- Wash it off with warm water.
- Do not use soap immediately.
Natural bleach, Potato is famed for its whitening properties since ages. It is excellent to flushed out clogged pores and tightens lose skin as well. Using potato mask also helps in relieving the pain due to acne, pimples and breakouts.
How to use Potato to Whiten your Underarms
- Take one potato and grind it into a paste.
- Apply it as a mask on your underarms.
- Let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Wash with warm water and a fragrant soap.
10. Lemon Juice
Lime is over-brimming with citric acid and if you combine it with any whitening herb such as turmeric, you get a concentrated solution to bleach any dark area of your skin. Adding honey to lemon juice helps to thicken it for easy application in your underarms too.
How to use Lime zest to Whiten your Underarms
- Take 3 lemons.
- Squeeze and collect the zest.
- Clean your underarms with the lemon peel.
- Now apply the lemon zest in your underarms.
- Let it dry for up to 30 minutes or when it starts to tingle hot.
- Wash it with warm water.
Dos and Don’ts to Prevent Dark Underarms
Underarm darkening can only be prevented by taking care of few health and hygiene rules. Keeping in mind that your underarm is a sensitive area, you should keep it clean and fresh throughout the day. As our underarms are a closed area, there are high chances of the moisture getting trapped and concurrent bacterial infections building up.
Following the below will not only whiten your underarms, but also keep it odor-free!
· Do not Wear Tight Clothes
Tight clothes lead to friction and too much sweat, which are the key causes of underarm darkening. Wearing lose clothes will prevent your sweat from getting trapped in the armpits.
· Do Clean your underarms before Shaving
If you shave on a dirty or greasy underarm, chances are that the dirt will enter the shaved stubbles and remain there. The same can also resonate a dark underarm look.
· Do not use deodorants directly
Using deodorants and perspirants directly on your underarms disturbs its pH balance and leads to darkening. Instead, use deodorants over the cloth or apply a natural perspirant such as coconut oil before bath.
· Do wear Sunscreen when going out
A severe cause of dark underarms is the lack of sunscreen. Sun damage leads to clogged pores and natural increase of the blackening pigment melanin.
· Do not take birth control pills or shave
Any drug that interferes with your hormone balance is a threat to your underarms.
· Do Check for Diabetes
Darkening of underarms is taken as the first symptom of shooting insulin levels. Hence, get yourself checked for diabetes before starting on DIY underarm whitening week!
Ensure that you continue the above natural herbal remedies for at least 6 weeks before giving up. As most of have different skin, natural treatments take the time to adjust unlike chemical treatments. If natural cures are not working for you, try your hand at the safest best underarm whitening creams and serums of 2016 here!